Well, here we are. A journey that began many months ago, when there was still snow in the air, is coming to a close. I’ve written 100 posts about engagement, and now it’s time to move on to writing about, well, what you want me to write about all through August 🙂
Before we start that journey though, I thought I would toss out a few things that I learned or experienced in doing this series, just in case you’re interested in ever doing one like it. I hope it helps!
– 100 posts is a LOT. It doesn’t seem like it, but if you think about it, it’s close to a 4-month long endeavor, and that’s if you post every single day.
– I wish I would have planned things out better. I don’t really feel like this was a smooth series. If I ever done one again (and that won’t be for a LONG time), I would plot it out so that it all builds to a crescendo. This was more me just seeing if I could actually write 100 posts about one topic. Turns out I can.
– Writing a series is not an easy way to know your topics for each post. In fact, I found it really hard sometimes to think about what I wanted to write. Ideas that were completely separate would pop into my head but I would think, “Eh, no, I really need to get an engagement post in.”
– If you are not in the habit of writing on a consistent time schedule, a series is a great way to help you formulate how you want to approach your blog.
– It was doing this series that helped me learn that if you want people to subscribe, it helps to let people know they can.
– I have met a lot of FANTASTIC people as a result of writing these posts. It may have happened anyway, but I feel like at least a few of you popped by to see what the topic was that day (for which I am eternally grateful, by the way).
– Traffic didn’t mean as much whilst writing this series. I knew I was going to write a certain number of posts whether or not I had a great traffic day or a horrible one. If you are really hung up on numbers, setting a numerical goal that is separate from your stats can be a big help.
Those are the main points I’d like to remember and get across for you, my dear readers. If you have been around for awhile here at ye olde blog, I’d love to get your feedback on the Engagement Series. Was it useful? What could I have done better?
Thank you thank you thank you for all of your support. I’ll be taking Saturday and Sunday off from blogging, and Monday begins the August fun. I’ll see you then!
Image by Svilen Milev. http://www.sxc.hu/profile/svilen001
This is the final post of the Engagement Series. Yahhhh Hooooo!!! 🙂