If you’re like me, you really like food. Personally, I’m a big breakfast person. Give me some sausage gravy ‘n biscuits, some eggs, maybe some hashbrowns, and of course a hot steaming cup of coffee, and I am one happy camper. Of course, when I go out to eat I almost always leave food on my plate. Sometimes, as I’m sitting in a beautiful, climate-controlled, fully sheltered restaurant, I actually lament that the servings have gotten too ridiculously big or too small.
To far too many people in the world, all of this is so beyond the realm of their reality that you might as well try to explain to them that you ride a unicorn to work every day and sometimes Santa Claus comes with you.
Razoo and Yum! Brands are working with the World Food Programme tomorrow to try to change this disparity in fortunes. Razoo and Yum! Brands are hosting a giving day tomorrow. What does that mean? That means for 27 hours, starting at 12 AM ET on October 16th, Yum! Brands will match every donation up to $10,000. Pretty fantastic. When you consider that many people giving just $10 could get us there in no time, it also seems entirely 100% doable.
So, what can you do? I’m so glad you asked.
Step one – donate here – World Food Day Donation Page
Step two – send out these tweets from 8:30-9:30 AM ET especially (hint – schedule them into HootSuite or TweetDeck *NOW* and then you won’t have to worry about it):
- 925 million people do not have enough to eat. Join me this World Food Day and make a difference! #hungertohope http://hungertohope.razoo.com
- Undernutrition contributes to 5M deaths of children < 5 years old each year. Fight hunger today! #hungertohope http://hungertohope.razoo.com
- ¼ kids – roughly 146 million – in developing countries are underweight It’s World Food Day, help them: #hungertohope http://hungertohope.razoo.com
- 1/3 of deaths of kids < 5 years old are caused by undernutrition. This World Food Day, help them. #hungertohope http://hungertohope.razoo.com
- The 1st 1,000 days of a kid’s life are critical to tackle undernutrition. It’s World Food Day, help them: #hungertohope http://hungertohope.razoo.com
- It costs $0.25 per day to provide a child with all vitamins and nutrients needed. Fight hunger today! #hungertohope http://hungertohope.razoo.com
- Malnourished mothers give birth to underweight babies who are 20% more likely to die < 5. Help them: #hungertohope http://hungertohope.razoo.com
- Climate change will push 24 mil children into hunger by 2050. Help @yumbrands feed them World Food Day. #hungertohope http://hungertohope.razoo.com
Write your own blog post to help spread the word.
You can also get twibbons and other shareable stuff for Facebook over at the blogger resource kit.
Pretty easy stuff, but we can make a HUGE difference over the next day. This is a great effort that Razoo and Geoff Livingston have put together. We have the easy job. Let’s get er done.