Phew. What a week, and it’s not over yet! I’m really excited about something regarding this project – people are recommending OTHER peoples’ blogs more than their own. These are the kinds of things that give me faith in both humanity and Social Media – in that order. I hope you enjoy these posts. Don’t forget to congratulate the authors, and don’t forget – as soon as you see this post, it’s time to send me new ones for next week!
1. Great post on proofreading by Bob James (The Mighty Copywriter). The graphic he uses is hilarious!
2. @DWesterberg notes that good marketing is memorable, valuable, and frequent! Recommended by @kseniacoffman
3. My friend @jeffthesensei warns that the “man behind the curtain”may not necessarily be a wiz
4. New publisher Sterling Hope finds that the Clinton Global Initiative’s goal of expanding impact resonates (from @AmberCleveland, authored by @KayWhitaker)
5. A truly beautiful post by my new friend @cristianisdaman – about the day his own Superman gave him a call
6. My stunning friend Lisa @ellisvalincom) explains why she is a marketing stylist
7. @Michael_Evanko recommended this smart article about Empowerment from the Harvard Business Review
8. My friend @FutureJennD recommended this post about an atypical day at the fair, by @framericandream. Be ready to hold your breath!
9. @FutureJennD also wrote a post her own self! A great post about the complexities of a blended family.
10. My friend @KnowledgeBishop took his blogging skills on the road. He waxes poetical on the Subtleties of Success at the Get Your Leadership Big On Blog
11. @Tommyismyname warns you that your profile information can be used against you. Watch out!
12. I loved this post by @LisaPetrilli. Maybe sometimes the best leaders are those willing to be vulnerable. Brilliant.
13. There’s a lot of buzz about how awesome @LaurenKGray is. One of the reasons is that she is always out there helping people, like in this post about her favorite chats
14. My friend @fredMcClimans has important observations about bit.ly and other link tracking through Twitter. Privacy concern post #2 on this week’s list!
15. Whenever @IanMRountree attends a #blogchat, he writes up some of the best “meeting notes” out there. I wanted to give you an example of one of Ian’s Blogchat round-ups
16. My friend Stan @PushingSocial tackled the question “How often should I post?” a little while ago. It’s a great argument. What do you think?
17. @MissusP (Christine Perkett) is one sharp thinker. I loved her post on how Social Media is affecting PR firms. Check it out!
18. @SueYoungMedia offers a fun quiz for PR Pros. Pretty fun, funny, and thought provoking!
19. The brilliant @SuzanneVara ponders if school bus advertising is going too far
20. @Salamicat ponders food, glorious food. Don’t read if you’re already hungry!
21. The first post to make me tear up. @naomidunford’s guest post on problogger about not giving up is sad, inspiring, and beautiful. Read it!
22. Your weekly @JayBaer dose – Jay looked at the 25 most popular blog posts on his blog. Then he blogged about how that exercise can help you blog better.
23. Another mind-bending post from @julien. Happiness, what to do, what not to do...you might be surprised at what you learn.
24. I loved this post by the super awesome @MayaREGuru. Why do you use Twitter? Not as existential as you might think 🙂
25. @BillBoorman always is offering advice, whether during #blogchat or many other chats in which he partakes. On this day, Bill spoke with images instead – The 2 things you need for Social Media. Well “said,” Bill! And the right order, too 🙂
26. @pprothe is one of my favorite co-IMCChatters on Wednesday nights. I really enjoyed his post on how to connect with 8-year-old girls if you’re not Justin Bieber. Plus there’s a really good lesson to learn! 🙂
27. Read this post by @AmberCadabra if only because she uses the word kerfuffle! A post about opinions, the freedom of, and PriceChopper.
28. My brilliant friend Debra Ellis (@wilsonellis) wrote a great post on the 8 people your company will meet on Social Media sites. Invest your time wisely.
29. This is a really interesting post regarding what kind of language to use in your blog – and why. By @ctmarcom
30. I’ve already put this wisdom to use this week, so I guess I’ll round things off with my favorite Chris Brogan post of the week…are you asking the right questions? You just might be surprised at how a subtle change can alter your outlook.