For the next half a year, or 26 weeks, as it were, we’re going to be talking about various marketing myths that I’ve seen floating around the online world for the last year. I’m going to be honest. My sincere hope is that this series will help make these myths die. I’m not a cruel person, but sometimes one has to be harsh.
So, here, in alphabetical order, are our topics for the next 26 Mondays. I hope you are looking forward to this as much as I am! It should create some spirited conversations!
1. Agencies are bad news
2. Blogging will work as long as you’re awesome
3. Community makes the world go round
4. Danger lies in not trying everything
5. E-Newsletters are easy to create and send
6. Failure is sexy
7. Glorification of others is the way to your dreams
8. Having a plan is lame
9. Integrated marketing means using Facebook AND Twitter
10. Just doing it yourself works best
11. Killing all non-social media tactics is advisable
12. Logos and Brands are synonymous
13. Marketing is just talking to people
14. Nothing should be off-limits on a corporate blog
15. Opens are the best way to measure email marketing success
16. People who like you will buy from you
17. Quit advertising. It doesn’t work.
18. ROI relates to your mother
19. Social media marketing is about engagement
20. Twitter can work for any business
21. Understanding marketing is no longer necessary
22. Very few obstacles lie in the way of content marketing
23. Websites are a piece of cake
24. X plus your time equals X
25. Your priorities are right on target
26. Zebras could do social media marketing
So there you have it. Are you psyched? The bloodbath will begin Monday the 23rd of January. Stay tuned!
Image Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/54470160@N08/5076429087/ via Creative Commons