Well, Corinne Edwards has been saying for awhile now that I am nebulous. While I blog here pretty much every day, no one really has the whole picture of what I am really all about. Today is Corinne’s lucky day – I’m doing what she wanted and I am telling you a bunch of stuff about, well, me. For future generations, I want to make clear that I am doing this because a friend asked me to. Generally, I find talking about myself to be quite intriguing, but not a spectator sport 😉 I found this old meme from years past, and then there’s some more stuff. That should be all you could ever need to know 🙂
1. First Name: Margie
3. Do you wish on stars? No.
4. When did you last cry? I think I cried when I watched Julie and Julia.
5. Do you like your handwriting? Sure. I think it’s gorgeous!
6. What is your favorite lunch meat? Liverwurst 😀
7. What is your birth date? 9/5
8. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with yourself? All of my personalities agree the answer to this is yes.
9. Are you a daredevil? If by daredevil you mean extremely cautious…
10. Have you told a secret you swore not to tell? Oh sure. Wait, what?
11. Do looks matter? Well, in business they certainly do!
12. How do you release your anger? Zumba 🙂 And I might swear on occasion 🙂
13. Where is your second home? anywhere near the ocean.
14. Do you trust others easily? Nope.
15. What was your favorite toy as a child? My various baby dolls. And Barbie dolls.
16. What class in high school do you think was totally useless? My psychology class was dumb just because all of the tests were open book.
17. Do you have a journal? Shmeh?
18. Do you use sarcasm? Is there any other way to talk?
19. Nicknames? M, Marge, Large Marge, etc.
20. Would you bungee jump? Never. Blegh. Get nauseous just thinking about it!
21. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Very seldom.
22. Do you think that you are strong? I’m resilient spiritually. Puny as a prune physically 🙂
23. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? Baskin Robbins’ Jamocha Almond Fudge, Bryers Rocky Road, Mint Chocolate Chip, and Neopolitan
24. Shoe size? 12-13 kids size
25. Red/pink? Blue?
26. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I might be a bit uptight
27. Who do you miss most? Lots of people. My grandparents and my uncle come to mind.
28. Do you want everyone you sent this to, to send it back? Sure. That would be fun!
29. What color pants are you wearing? Black!
30. What are you listening to right now? The sound of my endless typing.
31. What was the last thing you ate? Stonyfield Farms Mango honey yogurt mixed with granola
32. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Maybe like, that aquamarine color?
33. What is the weather right now? Hot. So very very hot.
34. Last person you talked to on the phone? My mom
35. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Hmm. Smile I’d say.
36. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Not applicable!
37. Favorite drink (alcoholic/non-alcoholic)? Tie between coffee and diet caffeine free Pepsi
38. Favorite sport(S)? I enjoy watching football, basketball, and baseball. I do not play in sports as my face magnetically attracts spherical objects.
39. Hair color? Brown (and increasingly white…grrr)
40. Eye color? Brown
41. Do you wear contacts? Glasses
42. Name of pet? Abraham the Fish!
43. Name of favorite childhood pet? Paddio the Cat (miss him terribly)
44. Last movie that you watched? Cowboys and Aliens!
45. Scary Movies or Happy? Happpppppppy!!!
46. Summer or winter? Spring and Fall
47. Hugs or Kisses? Hugs
48. What books are you reading? Mark Twain’s autobiography…still!
49. What is on your mouse pad? A kitty
50. What did you watch on TV last night? Nothin.
51. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Beatles!
55. What’s the farthest you have been from home? Hawaii
And more (are you still awake?)
1. One of my favorite shows when I was a super little kid was Love Boat. I named one of my first babydolls Gopher, in fact.
2. If it’s soft, cute, and cuddly, I’m probably allergic to it. I am horribly allergic to cats especially, which breaks my heart because I love cats. I love every kind of cat. I want to hug all of them but I can’t hug every cat.
3. I tend to make up words. Often. The OED could have a field day cataloging words that I make up. Examples include “smush,” “garg” and other more nonsensical sort of sounds that I pretend are words. These do not tend to come across in written communication.
4. When I was little, I had a crush on Rod Stewart. I don’t know if I can ever forgive myself.
5. I used to be semi-fluent in Hebrew and can still sing “Ding Dong the Witch is Dead” in Hebrew (I went to a Jewish private school for five years)
6. In high school, I was on our speech team and found a large amount of success in Domestic Extemporaneous Speaking. This meant that we would draw a current events topic, and then we’d have half an hour to research, write, and memorize a 7 minute speech. I placed fourth in Ohio twice and went to Nationals once, and won the rookie of the year award my freshman year.
7. My secret desire is to be a stand-up comedian. I already have the name set for my first tour – “Yes, I’m Really Standing.” This stems from a comment I got back in my cashier days. A guy came up and asked me if I was going to stand up to ring him up. It’s important to note I *was* standing…on a platform. Also included in this act would be the story of the woman who asked me if I stored my shoes in an index card box. That is the weirdest question I have ever been asked, and I doubt anyone will be able to top it.
8. My other secret desire is to be a philanthropist. I would give so much of my wealth away if I could just get wealthy. That seems to be an important first step.
9. I am an avid fan of 1990s rap music. I can on occasion recite some segments of gangsta rap. For some reason, people find it funny when this mood strikes me.
10. One of my favorite activities is to get together with people at a coffee shop and talk and/or craft.
OK. I think that’s more than enough. Now it’s your turn! Post those questions to YOUR blog!! I think it is only fair you return the favor 🙂