I am very excited to announce that every Wednesday for the next year, I’m going to be writing a post here on ye Olde Blog as part of a series I am calling Women Wednesday (or #womenwednesday for you G+ and Twitter fans).
This series stems from too many posts I’m reading that make me want to tear my hair out. Whether it’s, “all women are like this” or “all women should do this,” these posts continually insist on painting all women (and all men) as exactly the same. I guess if I had to write a tagline for this new series, it would be something like,
“Our alikeness ends at the womb.”
I am hoping for a lot of lively conversation. I am also hoping that men weigh in freely on these posts. The purpose is to start a dialogue that we really need to have.
What will be talking about on Wednesdays for the next year? Here is the list!
1. Today we start!
2. But you’ve gained so much ground!
3. Who loves kids more than women?
4. Don’t tell women what to do cuz they’re listening to me.
5. Women aren’t mean enough to win
6. The cussing game
7. Incoming! The Direct Message
8. It’s so cute when she talks smart
9. Sexism hurts dads, too
10. Shoot. Where’d my husband go?
11. Cuz women like to talk and shop
12. Maybe I’ll just go naked…
13. You’re just a Feminazi
14. Women will never be satisfied
15. The Mommy-Blogger phenomenon
16. All women are the same
17. All men are the same
18. Women aren’t competitive
19. If you like pink you’re dumb
20. Full time moms don’t deserve abuse
21. The super-mom myth
22. The non-entity dad myth
23. The online grapevine
24. I like you cuz you’re hot
25. Women hate technology
26. I need a man to help me out
27. If you’re not a wife or a mom you’re not busy
28. What is brave?
29. Is the glass ceiling really broken?
30. Is it easier to abuse women online?
31. Online resources to help women
32. The pressure to be the star
33. “Best of the women” lists
34. Where are the non-white women?
35. Anger equals witch with a B
36. Women lead differently. Right?
37. Career women are probably cold and unfeeling.
38. Why women do start-ups
39. The lies women tell
40. Women are conniving. Men are clever.
41. What is taboo for the online woman?
42. Hear women. And listen.
43. Girl on girl bullying – it starts young
44. Strength in numbers…or Heathers?
45. Women as bosses
46. The strengths women exhibit online
47. Fighting for women doesn’t mean disliking men
48. Ten great resources about online women
49. Ten great businesswomen online
50. Ten great women who spread social good online
51. Ten great women you may not know (but should)
52. Concluding Thoughts
I am really excited about discussing these topics with you throughout 2012. I hope you’re excited, too!
Image Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kheelcenter/5279671012/ via Creative Commons